Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday, July 25, 2010




Good Sunday afternoon - hope you are enjoying this day. The mugginess has left the area so it is just warm - I turned off the air to let some fresh air into the house. I can only stand the AC on so long. It may come back on for sleeping tonight but at least the house is aired out.
I managed to get some cardmaking done - so I will have something to post on the blog for a couple days. Maybe I can work on some more cards tonight. My daughter is coming to stay the night - she is heading to O Hare airport in the morning on her way to Taiwan. I have been working on dinner all day. I will cook enough for the week for me.
My three cards today are made for Operation Write Home. I have my second box almost ready to go - I ran out of envelopes - 70 envelopes in this box. These cards are the start of the next box. The paper for these cards are leftovers from a card made when my boss retired last year - had to use the paper - it has such fantastic colors. As you can see on several of the cards - I picked up on the circle motif in the patterned paper. The cool coupe image is a digital image that is part of the midweek challenge for Operation Write Home card blog. The image is from Ward's Images. Love the silver dots - reminds me of chrome on a car.
Everyone have a wonderful afternoon. Stop back tomorrow for Oldie Moldie Monday and to see more experiments with tissue paper flowers and a ruffle made from the same tissue paper.
Card Details:
Card size: 4.25 x 5.5
Pattern Paper: Kaiser Scrapbooking
Digital Image: Ward's Images
Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts
Sticker: SRM Stickers and Stampendou
Brads: Imaginisce
Silver dots: Colorbok



4 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your cards came out really nice! I haven't attempted the car image yet, you did a beautiful job with it!

I'm not sure if you know it but you don't have to send envelopes with your A2 sized cards for OWH, Sandy buys them buy the carton.

Noelle's Corner said...

All of your cards are fabulous! They are great for a card for anyone at any time. GR8T JOB!

WARD Digis said...

this is great I love the paper you used with the card. Thank you for playing along!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Barb! I have OWH Halloween cards scheduled for Sept. :) I'm itching to do some too!