Thursday, February 4, 2016

Christmas in February

I am trying to make Christmas cards throughout the year so I have enough in December to mail out to everyone.  I have even decided to do some multiples of cards.  This is a card that will have 6 made just like it.

I like to buy gift tags at the end of the holiday season  to use on cards.  I have many that have not been used yet but this particular gift tag was just bought this year at Tuesday Morning.  I believe there were 12 in the packet so I will get my money's worth out of my 99 cent investment.

The paper is from a new American Crafts 6 x 6 I bought when I was in South Carolina.  I only bought three 6 x 6 pads while I was there.  It was my first time in AC Moore and they had quite a few but I only got one there.  The two Christmas ones were bought at a scrapbook store in Seneca, South Carolina.

I am playing along with the challenge at Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.  The challenge is to use Santa on a card.


Isn't he the sweetest looking Santa?  The cord I used on the card is the cord for the gift tag.  It matched perfectly so use it.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  The card is also fairly flat so should only cost me the extra for being nonmachinable.  I have 5 more cards to make just like one.  I also have all the insides ready.  I am going to be "somewhat" prepared for sending my Christmas cards in December.  Maybe I will even get them addressed in November.  Wouldn't that be a novel idea.

Have a wonderful day.  I am recovering from my vacation in South Carolina.  I am having lunch with a friend today.  I am looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very cute and I really like that card design. If you can figure out how to motivate to get the cards addressed in a timely manner, please do share!!!!

Birgit said...

This is just adorable! I love the postal frame around your cute little Santa!!