Sunday, June 7, 2015

Golf Themed Birthday Card

I have a friend who's birthday is in June and he loves  to golf.  I have this wonderful impression from Art Impressions which I had actually colored quite awhile ago.  I had gessoed some dictionary pages and then heat embossed the image on the paper.  It was colored with distress inks.

Finishing up the card this morning, I found two masculine card challenges I am going to enter the card in.




I am so looking forward to my retirement in July.  I will be able to play with my toys so much more and be able to create to my heart's content.

Here is today's card.


This is a 5.25 inch square card.  The patterned paper is actually a winter collection from Simple Stories but I loved the colors for a masculine card.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your Sunday.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adorable card! Love the stamp, and your design is spot on. Beautiful, balanced elements! I'm sure the golf-loving recipient will love it! And congratulations on your upcoming retirement! Look forward to more fun cards. Thanks for playing along at the Paper Players and being our first submission!

laurie said...

Wow this is a terrific masculine card... LOVE it!!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Barb, a great design and papers - your masculine image is fantastic with lovely details!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Barb, I just love this card! The stamp is so fun and your coloring is great! The design and papers are just fabulous! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great card Barb - I love the fun stamp and so beautifully coloured! A great combination of papers and textures too. Thanks for joining in with my masculine challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is too cute! Your watercoloring is spot on...and I love the embossing and the linen thread. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!