Sunday, April 19, 2015

ATC - Groovy Chicks

I am having fun making at least one ATC a week for the challenge weekly challenge at Wicked Wednesday Weekly ATC Challenge.  The theme this week is Groovy Chicks.


I love this quote from Audrey Hepburn "If you obey all the Rules, You Miss all the Fun."  I think maybe it is time to start breaking some rules.  The beautiful stamp is from Dina Wakely.  Since she is groovy she needed to have magenta/pink hair.

The background of the ATC is distress paint.  Over the top I sprayed some spray through a stencil.  I don't think you can even see that layer.  The chick was stamped on some gessoed pages and colored with distress paints and gelatos.  She was glued to the ATC with gel medium.  I added the purplish dots through a stencil and then dabbed them off with a paper towel.  To finish off the background I stamped my favorite circle stamp and colored them with distress paints.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a good week.  I do hope to be a little more creative this week.

2 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is great, love her hair and the quote! :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday.

Nikki W said...

She looks great, especially with magenta hair. Love the co-ordinating dots, and the awesome quote. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)