Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pocketful of Thanks

This week the challenge on the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge is a photo inspiration.  It is a beautiful photo.  Mason jars are so popular.  Yesterday I saw an entire craft book on mason jars.


My colors are not as soft but I still got the three colors in my card.  I did have a chevron strip for the card but it did not fit.  I will have to make another card with it someday in my spare time.  (what is that?)  I had recently gotten a new stamp set when I ordered from Simon Says.  I stamped the pocket and the sentiment on the pocket.  The flowers were all die cut.  I did color the paper for the pink and aqua flowers with ink.  The mat was also colored with ink.  It is the best way to get something to match perfectly - make it yourself.  My favorite embossing folder.  The pocket and some flowers were pop dotted for dimension.  I added a few sequins - that is the first time I have used sequins on a card.  I colored some crochet thread with the same ink I stamped the sentiment in to bring in some of the darker teal color.


Somehow I never get this challenge done until the end of the week.  You really stop by and check out their weekly challenge.


If you want your own Paper Smooches stamps and dies, you just need to go shop at this link.

Well it is time to get moving.  Today is my 45th class reunion.  It will be nice to see whoever attends.  Bonus - I get to also see my Mom today.  Everyone enjoy your Saturday.

1 comment:

Lori said...

This is so fun! Love the bright die cut flowers. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!