Saturday, March 10, 2012

Words of Encouragement


My weekly card for my friend with a little humor and words of encouragement on them. 

The card design is based on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Of course I moved my ribbon to the other side of the panel and used the bow as the circle elements.  Sometimes you just have to be a rebel.




The stamp is one I have had for years.  It is by American Art Stamp.  I stamped it with Colorbox Chalk Ink (Dark Brown) and just colored a couple items with Copics.  I used paper from Basic Grey's 6 x 6 pad Kissing Booth - pinks and browns are always a lovely combination - love the houndstooth. 

Thanks for stopping by - I think I may indulge in some paper therapy today - it has been months.  Have a wonderful day and I hope you get to spend a little time being creative.

3 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Love your version of the sketch and this stamped panel is wonderful. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your friend will love your fantastic card. Thank for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week! Narelle

Rita W said...

Great sentiment on that one! I love the colors and papers you used too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.