Friday, March 30, 2012

Unity Stamps and Ippity Challenge


I am enjoying being able to take pictures of my cards outside again.   Of course, then you have to watch for shadows, bright glowing orbs (it is called the sun).  I took 3 or 4 pictures of this card and this is the best one I got - but I found it quite interesting how I ended up with the glow around the little butterfly.  How fun is that. 

A very simple card made with some of my new stamps from Unity.  I am having lots of fun with all those new stamps.  The challenge on the Unity site (ippity challenge) - is to use flowers.  Luckily I had bought one flower stamp so I was able to participate in the challenge. 

My friend Ivanka's blog led me to another challenge site - The Pink Elephant - where the challenge is to use a butterfly.

I stamped the image and sentiment in VersaMark and embossed with white.  I inked the edge of the kraft paper with white ink.  I used my Spellbinders to cut all the layers.  The pin dot paper is a scrap laying on my table from Authentique.  I thought it added just enough interest to the card.  The image and sentiment were pop dotted.  I added the butterfly this morning - as I was trying to fall asleep last night - the thought popped into my head that I should add a butterfly to the card.  Luckily there was a scrap of the brighter pink on my table leftover from yesterday's card.  I used a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks for stopping by and yes - it is Friday and we can start to get ready to enjoy the week end.

3 comments:

John VanMulders said...

Beautiful card ... the color scheme is so different and so serene at the same time. Geat job!

Lesley said...

What a beautiful card! Love the emboss resist and the colours.

Rona said...

Beautiful card! So glad you joined us at the Ippity challenge :)