Sunday, March 18, 2012

Simple Stories Paper and Operation Write Home Cards



It is Sunday - to start my day off with creativity - I went to Stars and Stripes Blog - card blog for Operation Write Home - to get their weekly sketch.  Both cards started with the sketch but the bottom card took a different turn - I have been trying to make masculine cards so dug out my trusty truck stamp from the old Cornish Heritage Farms.  The "UR COOL" is on one of the pieces of paper so thought it worked well for a sentiment. 

The first card stayed pretty much on the sketch track.  I did not like the star as an embellishment after I put it on but when I removed it - alas - I tore paper underneath so the star went back on.  It does pick up the stars in the background paper.  The stamp used is by Hero Arts and is one I have had for years and use it quite often on cards.  I like trees.  Of course, on both cards, the image and sentiment are both pop dotted.

The paper collection is from a 6 x 6 pad from Simple Stories called Awesome.  Don't tell anyone I bought three more 6 x 6 pads yesterday.  Shhhhhh  -   it is our secret.

Well I promised myself I would pick up the garage today because we are in this great stretch of weather in Wisconsin - over a week of 70's and 80's.  Not too hard to take.  Enjoy the remainder of your day.

16 comments:

Shiles728 said...

Great cards Barb!

Susan S said...

I love that thank you stamp. Very nice cards.

Carol L said...

Great cards!! That thank you is really cool......and shhhh, I won't tell a soul you got 3 more paper pads if you don't tell anyone I caved in and ordered 3 new ones also! {I'm so ashamed} :(

Donna Hanley said...

Two wonderful cards for OWH. I like your star, so I'm glad you left it on there to hide your boo boo. I'm an expert at hiding boo boos. BTW, your secret is safe with me. Enjoy your day.

Lee Mae said...

Great cards! I like them both. I actually like the star on your first card. I was admiring your use of it then read you had second thoughts. Well, I am glad it stayed put!

ThePurplePlace said...

Two great cards and both are great examples of what you can do with the sketch!

I really enjoyed this sketch and know it's one I'll use again!!

:) Lisa

Joanne Travis said...

Wonderful masculine cards! Love them both.

Cynthia T said...

Both great cards. The 2nd one reminds me to get in the "masculine" mood for a change@

Unknown said...

These are both great. Love that houndstooth dp!

Jen M said...

These are both great! New paper, more mojo? :)

Linda said...

Love both your cards using that great dp! I like the star on the 1st card and of course the second card is my fav. The license sentiment just makes it! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Great cards, Barb! I think the star looks good! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

Both are great. Really like the little plate.

Unknown said...

I like the truck stamp and the papers you used. Good job!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Both cards are stunning, with awesome sentiments.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool stamps, and great papers and embellishing on both too!