Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Paper - Yummy


I was able to do some paper shopping yesterday - it felt so good - of course - my addiction came to a head again - you know the 6 x 6 pad addiction - I think I came home with 5 more.  Oh well - the addiction could be something worse.  Shoes maybe or clothes.

This paper is from the collection by Simple Stories - Fabulous.  I thought this label would be perfect on a card for one of our Heroes to send home to a loved one.  The card is based on the weekly sketch as Stars and Stamps - Operation Write Home's card blog


Of course, I added more layers - as always.  But love the colors used.  I found the solid aqua at Tuesday Morning - it is in a package for $1.99 - it is American Crafts - this color is in so many collections now days that I know I will get lots of use out of it.

Enjoy your Sunday - are you tired from the time change.

12 comments:

Linda said...

I also have a paper addiction! Great card! So fun! TFS!!!

Donna Hanley said...

Great card. Love the papers and I like the shape you used for your sentiment.

ThePurplePlace said...

Stunning card!! :) I also enjoyed creating a card for the new challenge!!

Great Sketch and a wonderful theme!!

Cynthia T said...

That aqua paper you scored is beautiful! I really like the colors in this spring-time card.

Jen M said...

Love the bright colors and mix of dp's! We could have much worse vices. :)

Carol L said...

I think we all have the same paper addiction, so you're not alone :)
I love this colorful beauty, especially the sentiment!

Nancy Keller said...

I love the layers! I tend To agree... Clothes or shoes would be much more expensive, and paper is a lot more fun. :) Now all I need is a walk-in craft room, instead of a closet! :) thanks for sharing, your card is lovely!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

So pretty! Really like the card and use of the sentiment. It is hard to resist a pretty pad of paper. It matches, it calls your name.

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Barb! Love that mix of patterns and that touch of ribbon. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Barb,

Yes, I too am addicted to 6 by 6 pads. Planning on sending an e-mail to my LSS asking if they can order a couple of the new Bo Bunny Liberty pads. :)

Great colors -- so bright and springy! And, the touch of black is perfect. TFS!!!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Loving that dp, great colors. Great card and die

Cherie said...

Love all those papers together! And any woman would love to get a sentiment like that in the mail.