Friday, March 9, 2012

Clean and Simple



A quick post for tonight - trying to get some quick mo jo running through the fingers.  CAS-ual Fridays has a great post to use a Sentiment on your CAS card.  I think ths qualifies.   

The background is stamped with a Hero Arts stamp (friend) with a Distress Ink.  The branch (sorry it is loose floating around my table so I don't know who makes it) stamped with Memento Ink and the sentiment is from Hero Arts and it was stamped with Colorbox Chalk Ink..  This is a CASE from one the Paper Crafts special editions but I ended up matting the background and sentiment.  The sentiment was also pop dotted. Of course, you need to add a little inking with a light brown chalk ink around the edge of everything. 

I bought a big pad of watercolor paper at Hobby Lobby to use for these card bases.  The paper will give the card a good weight.  Single layer cards scare me very much.

Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

Yvonne B. said...

Barb, this turned out great! I love your background (very cool stamp) and the watercolor paper will give your "simple" layout some heft! It is a winner for sure!

Virginia L. said...

Love your stamping! The use of text and sentiment are lovely! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

This is absolutely wonderful! Thanks for getting sentimental with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

I love this! It reminds me of handmade paper and pressed leaves. One for my fav list for sure!

veronica said...

LOVE it, love it. love the stamping on book print. looks great.

Anonymous said...

Love the text background with those green leaves :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Just love the beautiful branch on the texty bkgd, fabulous card :0)
Jenny x

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love the nature feel of this - that background is perfect with the leaves. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.