Sunday, October 16, 2011

Unity Stamps Fall Card


I wanted towork on a few Fall/Thanksgiving cards since I will be gone for a couple weeks before Thanksgiving - I don't spend the day with my girls so like to send them each a card to let them know how blessed I am to have them as my daughers and their great husbands as my sons

This card used some of the techniques I learned on an online class Jennifer McGuire taught.  I embossed the image on watercolor paper.  Swiped 3 or 4 distress inks on my mat and sprayed with pearl ex.  I then stired them together to get this fallish color.  Of course I will never replicate it again.  I like how it turned out.  The pearl ex adds so much beautiful shine to the image.  The bow is some fabric left from a valance I made my neighbor.  The colors worked perfectly.  I love to use fabric for a bow.  The paper is from a collection found at Hobby Lobby - they have added some new groupings that are a very nice weight. 

This card is based on the sketch at Card Patterns and the challenge at Unity Stamps to make a fall card. 

Everyone enjoy your day.

6 comments:

Cora said...

The image is to die for! The technique is beautiful. This card will be treasured for sure. Barb the designer at her best.

Karen said...

Love the techniques and your card is so fabulous! Happy Fall!

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful! Love the colors!

Ivanka said...

Beautiful Barb!! The colors are just stunning. Love that technique!

whoistracy said...

This is stunning! I love the non-traditional fall colors. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Mary Brown said...

I love the colors you used on this beautiful card!!!