Saturday, October 15, 2011

Penny Black + Distress Ink = Beautiful


Playing with ink this morning and my fingers show it.  I had purchased this new Penny Black stamp and wanted to play with it - Penny Black's weekly challenge is using inks to make a dusky sky - my sky is blue - hopefully it works for their challenge. 

I first inked my stamp with Versamark and then with Distress Ink Black Soot and stamped on white paper.  I then placed clear embossing powder over the top.  I then took distress inks to color the paper the image was stamped on.  I first used Broken China and then added some Fades Jeans.  I have found I can never usually find a perfect color to work on the card so I just make my own paper and color it with the same inks.  Black card base and black mat provide the perfect contrast.  I added a black brad in one corner to balance the twine bow in the opposite corner.

Since the card is for my personal use - I added clear Stickles in the mood and across the words - very subtle - and I made my paper for the inside and stamped a sentiment - card is ready to go - now who will receive it will be the question - I think it should be someone who will appreciate all the technique that went into the card.

I am loving Saturday - I need to go do some cleaning/clearing.

1 comment:

Ivanka said...

Wow!! This is a wow card Barb! Just beautiful.