Monday, September 19, 2011

Resist Mini Cards

2.75 x 3.75


4 x 4


CAS-usal Friday has a challenge for mini cards this week.  These are pretty clean and simple cards for me.  I placed the sizes of each card above them.

I am trying to do some more of my resist techniques from the online class I am taking.  I am having so much fun - playing.  The first card is Color Blend Stamping and Distress ink Watercoloring. Instead of white embossing - I used dark brown because I wanted to make the leaf look fall like.  I just colored with different distress inks sprayed with pearlized water.  In real life - it has such a pretty sheen to it.  Added a SRM Sticker in which I just used the Hello.  The cream string was colored with distress ink also. 

The second card is using paint on your stamp and stamping it on cardstock - after it dries - rub distress inks around it.  At first I did not like it but after a day or two I made it into a  card and was very pleased.

Oh and by the way - it is oldie moldie Monday - and this is a  6 x 6 pad of Basic Grey - I have had for awhile - I don't think it has been in the collection that long but it sure made some cute cards - I actually made another card from the same paper - come back later in the week to see that one.

2 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Lovely work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

These projects are so pretty - amazing fall color and images! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!