Thursday, September 22, 2011

May Arts Ribbon and Operation Write Home


May Arts  - say that to any cardmaker or scrapbooker and all of a sudden you see their eyes light up, they start drooling - it is a common ailment of people who enjoy working with Ribbon - especially May Arts Ribbon - it is so lovely.  They partnered with Operation Write Home for a challenge - you can find that challenge at this link

I had worked with this beautiful grouping of Holiday papers from Simple Stories and it was still on the design table (much nicer description than the messy table I create on) and I knew I had just restocked my supply of this particular May Arts ribbon - beautiful dark red color with a suede finish to it - works great for holiday cards.  I also bought more dark brown.  I found a sentiment and everything in the 6 x 6 pad - all I added was the kraft card base, ribbon and the black base for the stripe inset. 

I have lots of May Arts ribbon but I always want more.  I also love their twine - I buy that in 20 yard lots.  Easy to add to an OWH card because it adds so much but not too much thickness.  You do have to be careful when making cards for OWH that you don't make them too bulky for our Heroes to mail home.  The majority of my personal cards need special mailing because of the huge bows I tie but for OWH I attempt to keep the bulk to a minimum.

Everyone enjoy their evening.

4 comments:

Ivanka said...

Beautiful Barb! That ribbon is gorgeous! Love it!

John VanMulders said...

Very nice.

Conniecrafter said...

More pretty paper and your bow is just perfect!

Unknown said...

Love this card. Such a simple design but the layers and colors make it so beautiful. CASEing.