Monday, May 16, 2011

Oldie Moldie Monday




Good morning - very early good morning - for some reason not able to sleep so thought if I got up for a little while I could then go back and catch a couple more hours of zzzzz's. If anything is spelled wrong i I apologize - the eyes are not open or seeing too well yet.

Today is Oldie Moldie Monday - time to show some love for some of your old supplies - and Of course you always have lots because there is always a new sheet of paper or stamp that calls your name when you go in the store.

I have been working on this particular 6 x 6 pad of Basic Grey paper for quite awhile - yesterday's post used some of this paper and so does tomorrow's. I also am working on a sheet of Mrs. Grossman Stickers. Last week's oldie moldie Monday cards used the same paper and set of stickers.

The card with the embossed strips of paper are for the weekly sketch on Operation Write Home's blog Stars and Stamps. I also used some star eyelets I had - of course - once I started I realized I did not have enough of one color in the larger size so we used all different colors. The sticker is pop dotted. The Happy Birthday card - used a couple different color brads.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun cards! The ice cream one looks delicious.

Ivanka said...

Very fun Oldie cards!! Love them both. Hope you were able to get back to sleep. It must have been all the excitement of yesterday!!

Julie said...

Cute cards, Barb! I love the way you used the star eyelets, gonna have to CASE that! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Louise Fox said...

Barb, I like both of your cards but especially like the way one end of the rectangle is wider (or so it appears) which gives it lots of dimension. Is this a die cut or did you do it freehand? Inquiring minds want to know. Blessings, Louise

airbornewife said...

these are such fun cards! thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Shauna said...

Great cards! I really like the "pop" the embossed paper gives the first card.

Jen M said...

Fun cards! Love the embossing on the first one.

Paula S. said...

Love that ice cream paper! Your oldie moldie Monday posts always inspire me to use my older, unloved supplies instead of accidentally spilling coffee on them. :)

Linda said...

That first card captures the party feel 110%! Great cards!