Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sweet Saturday




Good afternoon - a little short on posts this week. I got pink eye - I really think I am way too old to get pink eye. It is pretty common right now - both of my student workers had it and I got up on Friday morning and knew I had it also. So I am now on eye drops and my week end plans were cancelled. Oh well - I don't want to spread this any further.

I did get busy last night and did do some creating. I also took a nap yesterday. I did the sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping - both cards resemble the sketch somewhat - I had to add my own little extra spin on the design. I always hate to stamp multiples that are suppose to line up but the paper I stamped on had a graph paper design in it so it was easy to line up the little stamps. Both stamps are from sets I bought at Michael's dirt cheap on clearance. The bird is actually from a Christmas set but sure is cute for normal cards. I already had the Happy Birdday stamp and actually knew where it was. The other sentiment is a favorite from Hero Arts.

Both cards are for Operation Write Home. Come back later in the week and see what else I created with the same papers and stamps. Everyone enjoy your evening.

4 comments:

Paula S. said...

What a great ida to incorporate the graph paper on these. It looks terrific and serves a purpose all at the same time. Very nice!

Monika said...

yes a great idea with this paper - this cards are looking fine

Anonymous said...

love them, Barb! I can never get images to line up and have no patience - graph paper is a fabulous idea!!

Colleen

Monika said...

I try to get my images line up, but if not, -it is handcraft ==> and we are not machines

your cards are very fine