Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday, February 20, 2011



Good Sunday morning - here is a post of spring to brighten your day - we have another storm that is suppose to be coming through. Ice and snow so I am staying put today.

My card today uses a digital image by Sandy Allnock, founder of Operation Write Home. I would love to meet Sandy - I don't think she sleeps. Sandy asked us to make a thank you card and a birthday card for a special call - a call to introduce Operation Write Home to a group of people on the West Coast. Saturday's post was my thank you note.

A couple weeks ago I was killing time in JoAnn Fabrics and found this huge pad of K&Co paper - beautiful fun prints and colors - great for cards. This is some of the paper on this card. Only 9.99 and I could probably craft out this pad of paper for many many years.

I have started to chalk the backgrounds of my colored images - the whiteness of the paper on which you stamped and colored your images - always bothered me - but in a class recently I learned about chalking - probably knew this - but she made me see it through different eyes. Luckily - I had chalks - don't we all have chalks - get them out and try them.

Well I must go - I do want to create today - but alas I must take some breaks and do those dreaded chores. Have a wonderful day.

Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Paper: K & Co.
Image: Designed by Sandy Allnock colored with Copics
SRM Sticker
May Arts Ribbon

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

Very pretty, I like that paper too, but I keep telling myself I can't bring anymore paper into this house :( sad day... I like the softness of chalk around an image too!