Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, January 30, 2011



Good Sunday afternoon - where does time fly - it seems I have not been too productive in the card making department lately. I was gone Saturday and came home early Sunday - so was a little tired - hard to be overly creative when you are tired. Do you have that kind of problem? I need to get some cards made. I need to make more cards for Operation Write Home - want to get a box sent in the next couple weeks - I have lots of spring cards in there - some are for Easter but some could be used for Mother's Day.

Today's card is based on the challenge at The Play Date Cafe - it is a color splash challenge - sometimes I have a hard time doing those challenges - but this one was pretty easy - it was one color - lilac - with a neutral color. I wanted to make my boss a good luck card - she is interviewing for a new job this week. The lilac paper is recycled - it is from a beautiful envelope folder - letter size - so I have enough to do a couple projects with. The flower is made from recycled tissue paper - I cut the paper with spellbinders and then hold them together with a brad and just wrinkle up each layer to give the flower dimension. I used the Stampin Up die cut and embossed it with a cuddlebug folder. I also die cut a flourish from a Sizzix die cut. Add a SRM sticker and you have a very simple but hopefully elegant card.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.

Card details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Cuddlebug Embossing Folder
Die Cuts: Sizzix and Stampin Up
SRM Sticker
Imaginisce Brad

5 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love your lilac flower! We're so happy you joined us at The Play Date Cafe this week. Hope to see you again soon. :D

Cora said...

I love that flower. You make it sound so easy.

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous paper flower! Lovely design and great texture! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a beautiful flower. So glad you joined us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Ruby said...

You did a great job with that flower, very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!