Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday, January 16, 2011




Good Sunday morning from a cold state of Wisconsin - of course - in January it is always a cold state or a snowy state. Each day we take a turn at one or the other - tomorrow is snowy. Oh yeah - I get to shovel again. I guess I could call it exercise. That is a 4 letter word, isn't it.

Would you believe it has been 52 weeks that Operation Write Home Stars and Stripes Blog has been posting sketches - of course - there is the missing sketch 34 - which I will still do sometime this week. These sketches are a great way to kick start your creativity and make some cards for OWH. Richt now OWH has a card drive to get your spring cards - they want 50/50 boxes by sometime in February. Half springish cards and this includes Father's Day, Mother's Day, Easter, general spring and the other 50 percent should be general cards - birthday, missing you, thinking of you, etc. I have made some Easter cards but I have a feeling my box will be more 20/80 - although some of the masculine cards could be used for Father's Day.

This post also qualifies for using your older supplies - which is the midweek challenge on the Stars and Stripes blog. Both cards are using two older collections from Basic Grey. The feminine card I am going to send to my Mom - to just brighten up her week. I did a little paper piecing on the owl.

Everyone enjoy your day - did you see that fantastic win by the Packers last night. I wonder who they will play next week.

Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: Stampabilities (owl); Stampendous (cat); Hero Arts (sentiment on owl card)
SRM Stickers
Spellbinders
Brads from my collection

5 comments:

Lost in Paper said...

great cards Barb, i love that line of kitty stamps and your coloring is great on it!!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Cute cards Barb. How about that Pack? I actually watched the game, which I pretty much never do.

Julie said...

Hi Barb! Love the cards! Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Ivanka said...

Great cards Barb! I still have some of that BG paper and still like it...I should use it up though!

Sherry H said...

Both of your cards are great, Barb; and I'm loving that cute kitty stamp!