Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tuesday,December 2, 2010

We are on the downward slide to the week end – but we have snow coming – so I guess that means time to get the snowblower gassed up and ready to go and pray it starts. I will get my stuff done on Thursday and Friday nights so I can stay at home and enjoy the snow.

I need to get my Christmas cards finished this week end and out the door. I need to clean up my crafting area. Maybe I will just keep out some paper and a few stamps, etc. to make some cards for Operation Write Home. Try to use up some of my paper. Of course, I will be making my cards using the wonderful images from I Brake for Digis. I already have them in my head – maybe that is why I have not been able to sleep at night.

I got this new stamp last week – sometimes I like to be a lazy stamper – one color stamping – no coloring. That is my definition of being a lazy stamper. I did try to add some red to the cardinal. Creative Corner has a challenge this week to use a tag on your card. I cut my tag using a Sizzix die. I was using paper from the Basic Grey holiday collection from last year but it was not coming together for me – I then went to this year’s collection and found the background paper. Enough color variation to make the background come to life. I believe the pretty brads are from Michael’s or from the dollar store in Canada. My personal shopper in Canada Ivanka finds the best stuff at her dollar stores.

Everyone have a wonderful day. I am heading to Hobby Lobby and the scrapbook store tonight - let me know if you need me to pick up anything for you - maybe I will stop at the liquor store also so I can relax and sip some wine over the week end and watch the snow fall.

Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Stamp: Unity Stamp Color
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
May Arts Twine
Brads: Michaels

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, if being lazy produces these kinds of results, I should be lazy too. Its very pretty!

I have a little something for you on my blog if you want to stop by on this post: http://catscrapfever.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-was-awarded-and-award.html