Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday, December 23, 2010



Good Thursday evening - I have been frantically working at getting ready for Christmas Day at my house - my family is coming for dinner so I am cooking and cleaning. Today I made my make ahead mashed potatoes and cooked a turkey - I only bought an 11 pound turkey because I was going to have ham also - boy that is not very much turkey - I have another one in the freezer - I wonder if I should cook that also - I guess I will have some leftovers then. I do need to go to the grocery store in the morning for some fresh produce but that is it - I actually have the bones from the turkey simmering on the stop top right now.

I made this card earlier in the week. Isn't he or she the cutest little monster (Go Team digi image at I Brake for Digis). I have an online friend returning to school and I wanted to encourage her - and I thought this guy would make her smile. I very lightly colored him with a grey copic marker but his shoes, pennant and hat are bold colors. I wanted to play off the great colors in the Crate Paper collection I used for the card. I dug through all my ribbon until I found this twill tape and it was the perfect finishing touch for the card. The button is a large button from American Crafts but I punched out a circle of coordinating patterned paper and added it to the center of the button.

Everyone have a wonderful holiday season - I will see you on the other side of Christmas - I can once again dig out my supplies and mess up where we are eating on Christmas day.

Card Details:
Size: 5 x 7
Digi image: I Brake for Digis colored with Copics
SRM Sticker
American Crafts Button
Twill tape: Michael's
Pop Dots

No comments: