Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday, November 28, 2010


Orange - did you know it was the new Christmas color - I never really thought too much about the color orange or used it too much in my cards (except for Halloween) until I got a student worker whose favorite color is orange - so I have been designing cards with orange quite abit lately.
Unfortunately - the long week end is coming to a close and I think I have to work five days this week - oh my - I haven't done that for quite awhile. I hope I can - I hope I can - I hope I can. I did get the broth made for Christmas dinner - my Mom makes noodles from scratch - so you need homemade broth to cook them in. I now have chicken also but I have several potlucks coming up and will use the chicken for hot chicken sandwiches.
Here is my recipe for chicken sandwiches.
Slow Cooked Chicken Sandwiches

6 c. cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
½ c finely chopped onion
½ c chopped celery

In a 3 qt slow cooker, combine the first six
ingredients. Cover and cook on low for
3-4 hours or until onions and celery are
tender and cheese is melted.

Yield: 22 servings
This card is based on the sketch at The Sweet Stop (a new sketch every Saturday). The Stampendous Blog is also having a challenge for you to use the Changito monkey. I have been seeing some other winter Changito monkeys that I have never seen and I think I might need them - I love the ice skater. Very cute.
Everyone enjoy the remainder of the day and have a good week. Come back on Wednesday - I have some fun news to share.
Card Details:
Size: 4.5 x 6
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye
Stamp: Stampendous colored with Copics
Sticker: SRM Stickers
Ribbon: American Crafts (I think)
Brad: Dollar Bin from Target
Snowflakes: Michael's
Stickes by Ranger

4 comments:

dstandard said...

Totally adorable! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Cristena Bagne said...

I Love the little guy on your card. and the Orange looks great! I am not much of an orange person either but you make it look really good :) I love it!

Beth said...

Oh this is so cute! Look at his little shivery legs - bless! Fab colour scheme too! Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Stephanie said...

Barb this is absolutely adorable, thanks so much for playing along At Sweet Stop Sketches!