Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010

Good Monday Morning – it is oldie moldie Monday – time to dig into your supplies and dig out some old – once loved paper – and make a card. The oldie moldie paper still makes great cards. I am pretty sure this is old paper – maybe just a year of mold on this paper. Slowly working on my holiday cards – trying to complete the inside also. I found a great stamp from Hero Arts in my collection that is the sentiment I am stamping on the inside.

This card is based on the sketch 80 at Unscripted Sketches. A great sketch – had to add a bow and ribbon strip on one of the blocks of patterned paper. The Mid Week throw down on the Operation Write Home card blog is to do paper piecing. The scarf is paper pieced. I love the look of paper piecing as long as the piece is big enough to cut out. Had to cut the piece out twice before I got it write. I just used some Tacky Glue to adhere it to the stamped image. Isn’t that penguin a cutie. Whipper Snapper stamps are so cute.

Operation Write Home has made it into the finals for the Craft for a Cause – please take a moment and go to this link and cast your vote for Operation Write Home. Just think how much postage the prize winnings could cover to get the boxes of cards to our Heroes stationed overseas. You could also join us by starting to make cards – every card brings smiles to many people. Next Saturday in honor of Veteran’s Day – OWH is having a blog hop – so far there are 100 blogs participating and I am sure the number will continue to grow. I still have to figure out what I am going to blog about – I have an idea in my head – I just need to get started on it.

Well I must get ready for work – everyone have a wonderful day.

Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned paper: Kaiser Scrapbook
Stamp: Whipper Snapper Designs colored with Copics
Sticker: SRM Stickers
Brad: Karen Foster
Ribbon: May Arts
Stickles
Image pop dotted
Bling: Hobby Lobby

6 comments:

joanne m said...

love the penguin!!

Sherry H said...

Hi! Love the penguin and your ribbon treatment. Very unique and it looks like a wrapped package.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a cute card! I like how you've done the ribbon to look like a wrapped gift and that penguin, too cute!

I'm looking forward to the blog hop this weekend too, 100 participants already, wow!

Thanks for playing along in our paper piecing challenge at Operation Write Home this week! See you at the hop ;)

Ivanka said...

So cute Barb!! Love your penguins!

Unknown said...

Very cute! The penguin is adorable. So glad you joined US for this weeks sketch challenge!

dstandard said...

Adorable - great ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches!!