Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A very quick post today for a very quick card. I do have problems doing clean and simple cards so like to do the sketches at Clean and Simple - new sketch every Friday.

This card is pretty clean and simple. I first cut down my card base so it fit exactly in a cuddlebug folder and embossed the entire front of the card. I think the card is about 4 x 5. I wanted to make masculine cards for Operation Write Home so I had this new fish stamp I have not used before. I just ran some colored pencil over the fish body to make it green and then used some green paper for matting to add color to the card. The green and dark brown are scraps.

Everyone enjoy your day - I am trying to work on mass production - something I don't normally do - but it is easier to make cards for OWH if you make more than one card from a design. I just prep and put inside a box and on those nights when there is no creativity - I can assemble - or take it to work and do it during my lunch hour. I could probably strong arm some co workers to help make cards during the lunch hour.

I must get back to cleaning my refrigerator - I think I found what died in there - I could have been doing a major medical experiment in that one drawer.

Stamps: Fish - is hiding but I bought at Hobby Lobby; sentiment - Hobby Lobby
Cuddlebug Embossing Folder

3 comments:

Cora said...

Simplicity at it's best.

Ivanka said...

Love it Barb! These are my favorite kinds of cards to make.

Sandy Ang said...

Lovely embossed background !