Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday, August 9, 2010




Good morning and it is Monday so that means – it is Oldie Moldie Monday. It is time to dig into you once loved but now forgotten supplies and create some wonderful designs.

I love Basic Grey paper and have several containers full of paper. Now I have started to just buy the 6 x 6 pads and then pick up the 12 inch pieces of paper of the designs I really. The great thing about the 6 x 6 pads is that the designs are smaller – great for the cardmaker.

I wanted to also make some more cards for Operation Write Home – I knew that my little monkeys would be a great hit – they could be sent to a child or even an adult. I used the sketch on Card Patterns. The sketch was a square card but for OWH – the best size is 4.25 x 5.5 – so I interpreted the sketch with the sketch going two different directions. I also made one feminine and one masculine card.

So dig into your supplies – make some cards for OWH – the feeling you get from sharing your hobby with so many people is wonderful. There is so little we can do sometimes – but by sending a card to OWH – you not only reach out to the soldier who is serving his/her country but also their families and friends who sacrifice so much.

Stop back tomorrow to see what else you can do with the same papers and the same smiling little monkey.

Card Details:

Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Stamp: Stampendous colored with Copics
Spellbinder
Stamps: Studio G and Hero Arts
Brads from my supplies

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute. I love the colors in the miss you card.