Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Sunday afternoon - sorry for being missing in action - lots going on at work and at home this last week. Creativity sometimes just does not get a chance to happen. Today I decided I needed to indulge in some paper therapy to put some balance in my life.

Yesterday was a very full day - first graduation in the morning (graduation is my professional life) and then a birthday party at my house for me given by my daughters. It was a good time with family and friends to share the day with me and celebrate life, love, friendship and family.

I have a special group of friends and we call ourselves the Ya Ya's. One of our Ya Ya's is in the final stages of losing her battle with breast cancer. If you have been following my blog you have seen the cards I have made Shari through the last year. I have tried to send her a card every week - a few have been boughten - because sometimes you need the humor you can find in some cards - cards to make a person giggle and smile. Today's card may be the last card I make Shari - it was hard to make - but even though she might not know she got her card - I know she got her weekly card.

My card is based on the Sketch at A Crafty Little Place (formerly known as Die Cuts R Us) - a very simple sketch but with so many possibilities. I decided to create a sentiment on my computer. I had seen the statement - I am a much better person for having known you - and Shari has made me a better person in the way she lived her life and the way she fought her battle.

Everyone have a good day - take the time to touch base with a friend - be it with a call or a card - let them know you care.

Card details:
Size - 5 x 7
Pattern Paper: Luxe Designs
Tulle: Wrights
Pearls: Dollar Store in Canada (thank you Ivanka)
Computer Font: CAC Shishoni Brush

4 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card!! Love the B&W!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

LORi said...

Oh my Goodness Barb!! This is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with ACLP!!

HUGS - LORI

Ivanka said...

Just beautiful. The card ,the sentiment and the lady behind the card. You are truly a wonderful friend and I am better for knowing you.

Amber said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love the Pink, Black, and White! Stunning!
ACLP Hugs
Amber