Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year - 2010 begins

Both of my son in laws have birthdays in December - terrible month for birthdays so I always tell them I celebrate their birthday a different month. I always need to do Chris's in January because his wife - my oldest daughter - has a birthday January 7. Chris has to get his birthday card before Staci gets hers. This card is based on the first sketch of 2010 from Taylored Expressions. It was a fun sketch.

Since the paper and stamp was out - and this is a very versatile stamp - I wanted to make a card for a friend to say hello and to give him a little cheer. I hope he likes it and is cheered by it.


It was fun to create my first cards of the year. Hopefully it is a year full of creativity, learning new techniques and bringing joy to the people who receive the cards I have made just for them.
Stamp - Hero Arts
Ink - Colorebox Chalk Ink
Paper - We R Memory Keepers
Brown trim - edge off My Mind's Eye paper - makes a great trim - plus I am "being green"







5 comments:

Taylor VanBruggen said...

Very pretty! Happy New Year! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Sankari W. said...

Love those colors and the sweet tree is too cute!!!

tanyal said...

Beautiful cards! I love the color combination! Great blog!

Shelley Germann said...

Two beautiful cards! I like the sentiment inside the tree. I might try masking a tree I have for something similar. Great cards for guys!

Lea L. said...

Lovely card!! I love that tree stamp! Great job with TESC96!

♥Lea