Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Frost is on the Pumpkin

so - I apoligize - no cards to share tonight - my friend Shari was over and I helped her make some cards for upcoming showers for her son and his wife for their new baby boy. Shari enjoyed herself and it was fun to help her with some cards. Next week I am going to help her put together pages for a scrapbook for a shower gift - Shari won't be able to attend that shower - she will be recovering from her surgery. I am not a scrapbooker - so it will prove to be interesting. We will just make it so they can add their own pictures.

I am going to share a recipe I made last week - it is from the Duncan Hines web site - very easy to do. Quick alternative to pumpkin pie. I took it to work - and we have a new student worker who is from Mexico - it was the first pumpkin he has ever tasted. He liked it.

Pumpkin Pie Crunch


1 (16 oz) can solid pack pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.

Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter.

Bake at 350°F 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments: