Monday, August 31, 2009

Sorry - Long Time No post


I am sorry if you have missed me - I have been busy with other things in my life so cardmaking has gone by the wayside. Life is a little more normal so maybe I will be able to get some cards created - since I have birthday's coming up - I had better get some made.
My card tonight that I am sharing was made several weeks ago but did not want to post because it was a card for a friend for a belated birthday. It was made using the Making Memories 8 x 8 pack of paper from the "travel" set (I think). Loved the edging on the red print paper. Fabric strip was was from my new valance I made for my bathroom - I also used the fabric to cover the new brads from Imaginisce. From my sewing days I did many covered buttons and this is basically the same idea - just a brad - I improvised with the stuff in the sewing button box to make it. I did glue the top down to make it more secure. The felt flower is from a felt doily by Martha Stewart that I cut apart. Chipboard painted and then glitter added to it. Lace from my supplies.
Everyone have a wonderful evening - trying to work on a special order card - I don't think she will get it until Wednesday. I got a little distracted tonight.

No comments: