Monday, May 4, 2009

Seize the Cupcake





Seize the cupcake and run and eat it. They are pretty special - they are even being served at weddings instead of wedding cake - a young bride to be told me though the price was $2.50 per person compared to $3.00 per piece of wedding cake. Interesting - cookies were much less expensive. I like cookies - I would be more than happy to eat one at a wedding - how about you.


I have been blessed with wonderful neighbors and this is a birthday card for Amy. I have adopted her and her husband and the kids - heck - I see them more than my own kids. And I have instant grandchildren.


The card is based on the sketch on Taylored Expressions - she posts a new "cupcake challenge" each Friday. I hope you enjoy my interpretation of the sketch.



Cupcake and sentiment stamp - Hero Arts CL158 ClearDesign: Cupcakes

Scalloped paper - Bazzill Basics

Paper - Kaiser Scrapbooking

Ribbon - Prima

Flowers - Prima


The cupcake is paper pieced.


The card was actually delivered a day early - can you believe it.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love cupcakes...but I love cookies more (lol). Baked some today:)
You card is so adorable. I love how you used the sketch.

Ivanka said...

Beautiful card Barb! I love cupcakes too, and cookies, and cake!! I bet Amy loved her card.