Monday, May 25, 2009

3 Day Weekends




Everyone loves a 3 day week end but Memorial Day we must stop and remember why we have this holiday - to honor our soldier - present and past - ones who are still alive and ones who have given their lives for their countries. My life was touched this year by one of my cardmaking friends - whose husband was wounded in Afghanistan. Ty's fight to recover and the strength his families and friends and Ty have shown since he was wounded. God bless all our soldiers.
Today I got to make a couple cards - was very busy last week and then over the week end I had the fun of having both my daughters here at the same time - what a wonderful treat - and then a wonderful lunch on Sunday and shopping at a wonderful flower place.
My card today is based on the sketch at Mojo Monday. This is my first time to participate in the sketch challenge - I look every week at the sketch but have never gotten to it.
Patterned Paper - Making Memories - Chloe's Closet
Flower - Making Memories - Chloe's Closet
Brads - Paper Studio
Stamp - Stampabilities - colored with Copics
Cardstock - Bazzill
Everyone have a wonderful evening. Thank goodness for short work weeks.

No comments: