Friday, November 28, 2008

Day After Thanksgiving



Happy Day AFter Thanksgiving - hopefully everyone survived and did not overeat too much. It sure does taste good - especially when someone else does the cooking - my sister is an excellent cook. I do not have to eat leftovers either - come Christmas - it will be my turn and I will get to have lots of cooking to do and lots of leftovers.
I did not go to the stores today to shop - Oh my - I took my Mom to get groceries and we had some lunch and I then headed home - I drove through Madison and even though the stores called - I did not stop - even a 50% off coupon at JoAnn's could not lure me in.
Today I am sharing an altering project that I have done. I was surprised I did not post it back in October when I did it. The pink hat boxes is what I bought - but the bottom picture is what they turned into. I made them for my daugher for some extra storage in her new sewing/craft room. The patterned paper is Hobby Lobby's - My Mind's Eye. Adhered the paper with good ole Mod Podge. Goopy stuff but it sure works. I painted the boxes before I added the paper.
And there are still two days left of the week end. YEAH.

2 comments:

Avenueswithoutlimit said...

Thank you so much for adding us and making us a success :)
Maggie

Ivanka said...

These are gorgeous Barb! I bet she loved them!