Sunday, August 24, 2008

Because I Care

Today feels like fall - there is a breeze and you can hear the leaves rustling. I need to sweep my sidewalk because there are acorns on it. Pretty soon the leaves will fall - now that is not a pleasant thought - it makes me a long time to rake leaves - but the neighbor kids usually help and we have lots of fun.

I did some shopping over at 2 Peas today - I do try to stay away from that online shopping - but I found a couple of the newer Basic Grey's paper in the 6 x 6 pads - these are great for card making and if you find a paper you really like you can buy it in the 12 x 12 size. I like that the paper is a little smaller in design - perfect for cardmaking. I find those I grab them. What I was really looking for was a replacement blade for my Purple Cows Duo Cutter. Finally sent an e mail to the company to see if they could help me.

What is your favorite cutter - finding one that cuts straight - is the hardest thing in the world. I really liked the Fiskars rotary cutter - big one - but I think I wore it out and the next one I bought did not cut straight. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Today's card is based on the sketch at Card Positioning System - every Sunday they have a fun sketch - I stayed pretty close to the sketch - just added in the paper for my sentiment.

Sizzix die cut for the leaves - cut from chipboard - painted with Distressing Paint and then inked
Basic Grey - Archaic line.
Brads - Karen Foster
Rub On - De Ja Vue
Ran the solid paper through a Cuddlebug folder and inked the embossing

8 comments:

shelly said...

awesome card! i really love the colors you chose and the versatility that its masculine yet i think would make a lovely card for a lady also.

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card...I love the embossing.

I have the Making Memories precision trimmer, and I LOVE it. It always cuts straight, and has a self sharpening blade.

Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~lea

Create It Simply said...

Very cool card! Love the warm colors...reminds me that fall will be here soon! :)

Thanks for joining us at CPS!!

Linda Beeson said...

Love your take on the CPS sketch! I don't want summer to end so I'm not too happy about a fall theme but you did do a great job!

Deborah March said...

Nicely done, lovely fall colours.

Jenny Mick said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors!

Laura Williams said...

wow, such beautiful rich colors, and great texture on this!!! thanks for sharing your card with us at CPS!! :)

Charity Hassel said...

pretty leaf and colors here! thanks for using the cps sketch!