Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Using up the oldie moldie paper


My friend Ivanka has a challenge on Monday to dig into your old supplies and make a card - I do try to play along. Actually I made two more cards from the paper I used on last week's card
This card is a one sheet wonder - I like paper that has different design elements within the one sheet - I used the design for this week's challenge on Card Positioning System. I used a scrap of brown cardstock for the trim. The flower is several layers - one layers is from a flower bush I tore apart from a big box store so you have lots of flowers at an inexpensive price. A Prima, another flower - these three flowers were placed in some coffee so they were brown in color - they started out as white. The other layers are a Sizzix die cut - the paper is a grocery bag that was wet, wadded, wet and wadded again and left to dry - then ironed. I kinda like it. Card making gone green. (hmmmmmmmmm - could that be a hint of some sort).
I will be out of town the remainder of the week. Everyone have a great week - I am taking some stuff with me so I do hope to make a few cards while I am gone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, you may call this paper "oldie moldie" but your card sure is beautiful!

Shari

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Very pretty! LOVE that flower.

Lea L. said...

So very pretty!! Great job with sketch 57!

Have a great evening!
~Lea

Charity Hassel said...

i'm diggin' the mono color scheme here! so classy! glad you're playing along with us at cps!

Rosanne said...

Very nice card, love the monochromatic look!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card!! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

super pretty - lovely take on the sketch