Monday, March 17, 2008

Top of the Evening to You



St. Patricks Day is almost over - we had a party at work so there was way too much food to eat and of course there will be leftovers tomorrow. Not good for the diet - if you were on one. Went out to dinner with my Ya Ya's - we had not been together since October and we usually get together once a month. It was good to see each other and to catch up on what is going on in our lives - friends like that are very special. We shared a toast to friendship.

My friend Ivanka challenges herself on Monday to use supplies from her stash - some of the paper that is aging so well in a drawer somewhere. I decided to join her and opened up a drawer next to my computer desk - it was quite interesting - there was decent paper in there. This paper was bright and cheerful. I can remember making cards out of this before so I must have had several sheets. Very simple design. Added some pen stitching and got some big flowers out of the flower drawer to add to the card front. I had this big brad from Imganiece - I fussy cut one of the flowers from the patterned paper and Mod Podged it onto the brad - I added a layer of the Sparkle Mod Podge over the top of the brad. I added some Stickles to the center of the flowers. The rub on is from October Afternoon.

It is a fun card that some one will enjoy.

So next Monday, dig into your old supplies and make a card.

3 comments:

Ivanka said...

Yay for using your stash Barb!! It feels good doesn't it?! And you created such a pretty card!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love all the daisies ~ such a fun card!

Glad you had a fun dinner out with friends!

scrappinpeg said...

Love your brightness and cheerful card. The modge podge sparkle on the brad is neat! Great card.